Topic: Advocacy and communications
Total results with these characteristics: 157
- 10 Facts on Immunization
This short summary of immunization facts provides an overview of immunization and a ten-slide presentation on immunization facts.
Author: World Health Organization
- 10 Tips for Successful Malaria Vaccine Advocacy
Slow decision-making by policymakers can contribute to a substantial lag between the availability of lifesaving interventions, such as vaccines, and developing countries’ access to them. This booklet presents a set of advocacy tips, success …
- Accelerating Introduction of New Vaccines: Barriers to Introduction and Lessons Learned From the Recent Haemophilus influenzae type b Vaccine Experience
This article, from the Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, examines recent efforts to accelerate the introduction of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccines in developing countries, which resulted in a significant surge in …
Author: Hajjeh R
- Addressing the Vaccine Confidence Gap
This article, published in The Lancet, discusses some of the characteristics of the changing global environment that are contributing to increased public questioning of vaccines, and outlines some of the specific determinants of public trust. The …
Author: Larson HJ, Cooper LZ, Eskola J, Katz SL, Ratzan S
- Advocacy for Immunization
This manual provides information on how to generate and maintain support for vaccination programs, including how to create messages and materials, engage policymakers, and work with the media.
Author: PATH and the GAVI Alliance
- Advocacy for Japanese Encephalitis
This fact sheet summarizes PATH's efforts toward raising awareness about Japanese encephalitis vaccination among stakeholders at local, national, regional, and global levels. The fact sheet is an excerpt from a larger, comprehensive document that …
- Advocacy to Improve Global Health: Strategies and Stories From the Field
By influencing the priorities and actions of those in power, PATH works to create a policy environment that supports good health. This workbook provides examples of how PATH uses ten key steps for strategic advocacy to achieve lasting policy change. …
- Africa Routine Immunization System Essentials Project: Technical Resources
The three-year Africa Routine Immunization System Essentials (ARISE) project, which ended in November 2012, worked to build the evidence base on what drives improvements in routine immunization in Africa. Findings from the project's work complement …
Author: JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc.
- Analysis of World Health Organization Policy Development Processes for a New Intervention: Malaria Vaccines
This document aims to elucidate the World Health Organization (WHO) process for developing policy guidelines for a malaria vaccine. The analysis considered past WHO recommendations on new interventions and assessed potential implications …
- Anti-immunization Scare: The Inconvenient Facts
Dr. Steve Basser analyses the "quality of science of one particular, very public, opponent of immunisation--Dr. Vera Scheibner." Dr. Basser finds that "the gaps in her research...call into question her objectivity and cast doubts on …
Author: Basser S
- An Approach to Formative Research in HPV Vaccine Introduction Planning in Low-Resource Settings
Formative research can inform country-level vaccine delivery strategies, communication messages, and advocacy plans. This article, published in The Open Vaccine Journal, describes the conceptual framework of the formative research conducted by …
Author: Bingham A, Janmohamed A, Bartolini R, et al.
- Assessing New Vaccines for National Immunization Programs: A Framework to Assist Decision Makers
This 32-page paper helps to frame the questions program managers should ask themselves when considering new vaccine introduction, such as whether immunization is the best strategy to combat the disease, how the vaccine will be funded, and …
Author: World Health Organization
- Assessing the Environment for Introduction of Human Papillomavirus Vaccine in India
This article, published in The Open Vaccine Journal, presents findings from a study conducted in 2007 and 2008 in two states in India: Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat. The objectives of the study were to: design effective and appropriate HPV vaccine …
Author: Jacob M, Mawar N, Menezes L, et al.
- "An Attempt to Swindle Nature": Anti-immunization Press Reports in Australia, 1993-1997
This interesting analysis of press coverage examines the most common anti-immunization "themes" in the Australian press and suggests possible advocacy strategies for countering the negative impact of such reportage. Adapted from: …
Author: Leask J, Chapman S
- Attitudes Toward Immunization in Cambodia: A Qualitative Study of Health Worker and Community Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices in Kampong Chhnang
Nearly 200 consumers and medical care providers were interviewed for this well-documented, qualitative research study. The data offer insight into many aspects of public and professional attitudes toward immunization and health care in general.
- Bridging the "Know-Do" Gap: Meeting on Knowledge Translation in Global Health
This meeting report provides guidance on knowledge translation strategies that can "harness the power of scientific evidence and leadership to inform and transform policy and practice." The report includes examples of country and regional …
Author: World Health Organization
- A Broken Trust: Lessons from the Vaccine–Autism Wars
This article, published in PLoS Biology, discusses Sharon Kaufman's investigation into the forces fueling the growing divide between scientists and citizens, with the vaccine–autism link as her example. Kaufman aimed to …
Author: Gross L
- A Call to Action for the New Decade of Vaccines
This article, published in The Lancet, argues that there is a moral imperative to make vaccines widely available on an equitable basis. The authors lay out a call to action for the new decade of vaccines, which embraces four key elements. …
Author: Moxon ER, Das P, Greenwood B, et al.
- Cambodia: "Coverage Improvement Planning" Pays Off
This report discusses the work of PATH's Children's Vaccine Program and the Australian International Health Institute of the University of Melbourne to provide technical assistance with immunization programming to Cambodia, including the …
- The Case for Childhood Immunization
This evidence-based, 16-page paper documents the many benefits of fully immunizing children, including health and financial benefits.
- Cervical Cancer Prevention at PATH: Two Decades of Progress Toward a World Free of HPV-Related Cancers
This report describes PATH's key cervical cancer prevention initiatives, which include providing technical assistance with human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine program strategy and planning to low- and middle-income countries.
- Chapter 25: Education, Training, and Communication for HPV Vaccines
The authors of this article, which is a chapter in a monograph published in Vaccine, purport that as HPV vaccines come to market, they will face education and training challenges similar to those of other new vaccines, along with HPV-specific …
Author: Sherris J, Friedman A, Wittet S, Davies P, Steben M, Saraiya M
- Childhood Immunization: A Worthwhile Investment
This attractive PowerPoint show is an immunization advocacy tool designed to be adapted for different situations. Presenters are encouraged to insert their organizational logo, add or subtract pages, substitute images, or revise the text, depending …
- Coalition Building: A Cornerstone of National Advocacy, Policymaking and Effective Cervical Cancer Prevention Programs
This issue brief is written for civil society leaders seeking to expand access to cervical cancer prevention and control resources in their communities. These resources include HPV vaccines for young adolescents and established and new screening and …
Author: Cervical Cancer Action
- Combating Antivaccination Rumors: Lessons Learned From Case Studies in East Africa
This 68-page manual examines the origin and impact of rumors on immunization programmes in Uganda, Kenya, and Tanzania and provides practical advice about dealing with rumors.