Total results with these characteristics: 1437
- Apical Membrane Antigen 1: A Malaria Vaccine Candidate in Review
This article, published in Trends in Parasitology, presents the current understanding of apical membrane antigen 1 (AMA1), particularly in relation to the potential of AMA1 as a malaria vaccine and the approaches being taken toward clinical …
Author: Remarque EJ, Faber BW, Kocken CH, Thomas AW
- An Approach to Formative Research in HPV Vaccine Introduction Planning in Low-Resource Settings
Formative research can inform country-level vaccine delivery strategies, communication messages, and advocacy plans. This article, published in The Open Vaccine Journal, describes the conceptual framework of the formative research conducted by …
Author: Bingham A, Janmohamed A, Bartolini R, et al.
- Architecture of Respiratory Syncytial Virus Revealed by Electron Cryotomography
This article, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, describes research to carry out an electron cryotomographic characterization of cell culture-grown human respiratory syncytial virus to …
Author: Liljeroos L, Krzyzaniak MA, Helenius A, Butcher SJ
- Artemisinin Resistance in Plasmodium falciparum Malaria
This study, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, compares the efficacies of two treatments--oral artesunate and artesunate followed by mefloquine--for uncomplicated falciparum malaria in Pailin, western Cambodia, and Wang Pha, …
Author: Dondorp AM, Nosten F, Yi P, et al.
- Ask the Experts
This web page provides clinical experts, including experts in immunization and infectious diseases, to answer parents' questions about diseases that affect their children.
Author: Parents of Kids with Infectious Diseases
- Ask the Experts: Update on the Safety of Rotavirus Vaccines
This article, published by the American Pharmacists Association, addresses the safety of rotavirus vaccines, including the latest information on possible contamination issues. The authors indicate that the documented benefits of RotaTeq and …
Author: Mojica B, Hess K
- Assessing Disease Burden of JE: Population-Based Surveillance
This slide presentation provides an overview of the components of a population-based surveillance system for JE. The presentation should be used in conjunction with the World Health Organization's Recommended Standards for Surveillance of Selected …
- Assessing Efficacy of Haemophilus influenzae type b Combination Vaccines
Regulatory approval of diphtheria and tetanus toxoids and acellular pertussis (DTaP)-based combination vaccines containing Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) has been delayed in the United States because of difficulty in assessing the effect of …
Author: Granoff DM
- Assessing the Environment for Introduction of Human Papillomavirus Vaccine in India
This article, published in The Open Vaccine Journal, presents findings from a study conducted in 2007 and 2008 in two states in India: Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat. The objectives of the study were to: design effective and appropriate HPV vaccine …
Author: Jacob M, Mawar N, Menezes L, et al.
- Assessing the Potency of Oral Polio Vaccine Kept Outside of the Cold Chain During a National Immunization Campaign in Chad
This article, published in Vaccine, reports on a study of the potency of monovalent oral polio vaccine type 3 kept at ambient temperatures during a polio immunization campaign in Chad. The results of the study show that post-campaign laboratory …
Author: Zipursky S, Boualam L, Cheikh DO, et al.
- Assessment of a Remote Alarm System for Vaccine Storage in Albania
This report summarizes a study conducted between March and December 2010 to assess the marginal managerial advantages of using a global system for mobile communications/short message service messaging to transmit vaccine storage temperature data in …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Assessment of Human Immune Responses to H7 Avian Influenza Virus of Pandemic Potential: Results from a Placebo-Controlled, Randomized Double-Blind Phase I Study of Live Attenuated H7N3 Influenza Vaccine
This article, published in PLOS ONE, reports on the results of a double-blinded, randomized, placebo-controlled Phase 1 clinical trial of a cold-adapted and temperature-sensitive A/H7N3 live attenuated influenza vaccine candidate. The results of the …
Author: Rudenko L, Kiseleva I, Naykhin AN, et al.
- Assessment of the Vaccine Supply Chain for Fee-Based Immunization in Hanoi Capital and Ho Chi Minh City
This report summarizes an assessment conducted to understand the structure, scope, and quality of the vaccine supply chain for fee-based immunization services in two locations in Vietnam. It also provides recommendations for strengthening management …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization
- Assessment of Vaccine Preventable Disease Surveillance Systems in Georgia
This document provides a comprehensive assessment of the Georgian vaccine preventable disease (VPD) surveillance system and identifies major problems in the Georgian health system that limit the ability of current surveillance efforts …
Author: Georgia's Ministry of Labor, Health, and Social Affairs and National Center for Disease Control
- An Assessment of Vaccine Supply Chain and Logistics Systems in Thailand
Improper storage and transportation can put vaccine products at risk of degradation. Therefore, an effective vaccine supply chain and logistics system is essential to ensure product quality. In 2009, the government of Thailand launched a pilot …
Author: PATH, World Health Organization, Health Systems Research Institute, Mahidol University
- Association Between Pentavalent Rotavirus Vaccine and Severe Rotavirus Diarrhea Among Children in Nicaragua
This article, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, summarizes the first study to assess the impact of rotavirus vaccination in a developing country. The authors concluded that the vaccine could have a substantial impact on …
Author: Patel M, Pedreira C, De Oliveira LH, et al.
- "An Attempt to Swindle Nature": Anti-immunization Press Reports in Australia, 1993-1997
This interesting analysis of press coverage examines the most common anti-immunization "themes" in the Australian press and suggests possible advocacy strategies for countering the negative impact of such reportage. Adapted from: …
Author: Leask J, Chapman S
- Attitudes Toward Immunization in Cambodia: A Qualitative Study of Health Worker and Community Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices in Kampong Chhnang
Nearly 200 consumers and medical care providers were interviewed for this well-documented, qualitative research study. The data offer insight into many aspects of public and professional attitudes toward immunization and health care in general.
- The Australian Immunization Handbook
Similar to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Pink Book, this handbook provides information for health care providers on vaccine safety, immunization procedures, monitoring adverse events following immunization, and many other …
Author: Australian Department of Health and Aging
- Avian and Pandemic Influenza: An Overview
This brief overview, published in the journal Vaccine, reviews basic virologic, immunologic, and epidemiologic information relevant to understanding and preparing for a pandemic influenza threat. In particular, the role of avian influenza …
Author: Poland G, Jacobson R, Targonski P
- Avian Influenza (Bird Flu)
This web page provides important information for the public, health professionals, and travelers on avian influenza, including key facts on how the virus is spread and treatment for avian influenza.
Author: US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Bacterial Diarrhea
This article, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, provides a description of bacterial diarrhea and evidence supporting various strategies to combat this problem. Also included are a list of pathogens that cause bacterial diarrhea and …
Author: DuPont HL
- Bacterial Pneumonia Vaccines and Childhood Pneumonia: Are We Winning, Refining, or Redefining?
Published in The Lancet Infectious Diseases, this article provides an overview of the diagnostic challenges of bacterial pneumonia and highlight the need for refining the current diagnostic approach to ensure adequate epidemiological surveillance of …
Author: Obaro S, Madhi S
- Baseline Meningococcal Carriage in Burkina Faso Before the Introduction of a Meningococcal Serogroup A Conjugate Vaccine
The vaccine MenAfriVac™ has the potential to confer herd immunity by reducing carriage prevalence of epidemic strains. To better understand this phenomenon, the authors of this article, published in Clinical and Vaccine …
Author: Kristiansen PA, Diomandé F, Wei SC, et al.
- Basic Support for Institutionalizing Child Survival (BASICS)
After more than 15 years of providing technical assistance for child survival programs in developing countries, BASICS concluded most of its country programs on September 29, 2009. This website is dedicated to ensuring access to the tools and …