Look for this icon throughout our website to find projects that have received innovation funding.
Moving new ideas from the drawing board to the global stage
Individual donors are one of our most important sources of innovation funding—the flexible support that allows us to pursue groundbreaking ideas and respond to emerging needs. This type of support has launched and helped move forward many of our most successful projects.
Throughout our website, you’ll see the icon to the right—identifying projects that have received innovation funding at a critical point in their development. For some of the latest and greatest milestones achieved with support from our donors, check out these projects, highlighted in our most recent annual report:
- The use of oxytocin in the Uniject™ injection system protects mothers at delivery.
- Human milk banks save vulnerable babies in South Africa.
- Oral rehydration solution helps children suffering from severe diarrheal disease.
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines help prevent cervical cancer.
- The Ultra Rice® technology, fortified with vitamins and minerals, improves nutrition for kids in India and Brazil.
- Improved control and detection reduce the burden of tuberculosis.
- Increasing access to the Woman’s Condom in China and sub-Saharan Africa gives women another option for protection against unintended pregnancy and HIV.
Wondering exactly how donor funds are used to achieve such outstanding impact? To see what a full year of innovation funding looks like, download our most recent report on the use of innovation funding (250 KB PDF).
Ultra Rice is a registered trademark of Bon Dente International, Inc. in the United States. Uniject is a registered trademark of BD.